The Traverse City Track Club's Grand Prix Series is for everyone, regardless of speed. With over 60 races in the series, the Grand Prix is a great way to tour our five-county region, meet new running friends and help represent the TCTC.
Started in 2015, the Grand Prix Series gathers and supports the area’s many established and soon-to-be established races, often providing both technical support and general encouragement to race directors working hard to put on a high quality event for our area’s many runners.
Grand Prix events all have in common all of the following vital event features: measured and marked courses, actual race distance that matches the advertised race distance, professional timing, and age-group awards. Grand Prix events range from the 7000 participant TCTC Bayshore races, to the 100 participant Kingsley Heritage Day 5K, and everything in between.
You must be a current member of TCTC club to participate in the Grand Prix.
Participant must be a 2018 TCTC Member – The Grand Prix is free to join.
It is the sole responsibility of the participant to report points earned. Race points must be reported to the coordinator by the participant no later than 30 days after the run. Please, no exceptions. This helps with keeping an accurate, up-to-date score.
Standings will be available at the top of this page. This will be updated every few weeks. Include name of race(s) when reporting earned points.
10 points per 2018 TCTC Grand Prix Race. Points can be earned only in races that are designated 2018 TCTC Grand Prix Races with the exception that a participant can count one non-circuit race of 26.2 miles or more in addition to the designated 2018 TCTC Grand Prix Circuit races. The 2018 Circuit is set and will not change but due to cancellations, we cannot guarantee that a race will be held.
Additional points – added to the 10 earned.
First Place = 3 points (overall or in age group but not both)
Second Place = 2 points (overall or in age group but not both)
Third Place = 1 point (overall or in age group but not both)
In a race that awards more than top three (example 4th or 5th place) = 1 point. (overall or in age group but not both)
Example: John gets 2nd in his 70-74 age group, he gets a total of 12 points for that race.
Awards to first 10 overall male and female Grand Prix winners on the basis of points
Anyone who scores a minimum of 100 points earns a "2018 TCTC Grand Prix Century Award"
2018 Grand Prix Races
- Resolution Run 5K - Traverse City
- Frozen Foot Race 5 Mile– Traverse City
- Betsie Bay Frozen 5K – Frankfort
- Leapin Leprechaun 5K – Traverse City
- Shamrockers Run for the Gold 5K – East Jordan
- Yeti Redi Run - Cadillac
- Race To The Tomb 5K - Williamsburg
- Big Little Hero - Traverse City
- Traverse City Trail Running Festival - Traverse City
- Wood Memorial Trout Festival Run – Kalkaska
- Cadillac Young Life Spring Thaw 5K - Lake City
- Record-Eagle 2 Mile Buffalo Ridge Run - Traverse City
- Mesick Mushroom Festival 5K Run - Mesick
- Shanty to Shorts 5K, 10K - Bellaire
- Bayshore Marathon, ½ Marathon, 10K - Traverse City
- Cadillac Memorial Day 5K and 10K- Cadillac
- Community Marathon - Petoskey
- Joppa 5K - Charlevoix
- North Mitten Half Marathon & 10K - Thompsonville
- Kick Ass-paragus 5K - Empire
- Bass Festival 5K – Mancelona
- Glen Arbor Solstice Half Marathon/5K/10K - Glen Arbor
- Higgins Lake Half Marathon 5K/10K - Roscommon
- Charlevoix Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K/10K - Charlevoix
- Wolverine Wildcat 5k - Wolverine
- Chandler Hill Challenge
- Run For Shelter - Traverse City
- Record-Eagle 2 Mile Cross Country Classic - Traverse City
- Independence Day 5/10K Run - Boyne City, MI
- Crystal Lake 5K - Beulah
- Ryan Shay Midsummer Night 5/10K Run -Central Lake, MI
- Greatest Fourth in the North 5/10K -Lake City, MI
- Festival of Races - National Cherry Festival - Half-Marathon/15K/10K/5K -Traverse City
- Sweaty Yeti - East Jordan
- George Anderson Memorial Run (Former Run for Cancer) 5K/10K- Northport
- Fife Lake 5K/10K- Fife Lake
- Alpenfest 5K/10K – Gaylord
- Kingsley Heritage Days 5K – Kingsley
- Friends of Fishtown 5K – Leland
- Alden 5K/10K -Alden
- The G.R.A. 10K – Grayling
- Arcadia 5K – Arcadia
- Jeff Drenth Memorial 5K/10K- Charlevoix
- Running Bear 5K – Glen Arbor
- The Kaleva Finnish Line - Kaleva
- Port Oneida 5K – Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore – Port Oneida
- Harbor Days Harborum 5/10K – Elk Rapids
- Cadillac Festival of Races 5K/10K – Cadillac
- Honor Coho Salmon Festival 5K – Honor
- Dune Dash - Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail
- Antrim County Fair 5K - Antrim
- Vineyard to Bay 15k & 5K - Suttons Bay
- George Hawley Memorial 5K/10K – Elmira
- Blue Ribbon Run - Traverse City
- Harvest Stompede 7 Mile/5K – Suttons Bay
- 9/11 Remembrance 5k Run/Walk - Traverse City
- Record Eagle 2 Mile Championships - Traverse City
- PEACE Ranch 5K/10K Farm Day - Traverse City
- Remembrance Run 5K – Traverse City
- Guardian Gals Half-Marathon, 10K,/5K - Gaylord
- Sleeping Bear Marathon and Half- Marathon – Empire
- Orchards at Sunset 5K - Suttons Bay
- Zombie Run 5K- Traverse City
- Petoskey Turkey Trot 5K – Petoskey
- Gaylord Turkey Trot - Gaylord
- Traverse City Turkey Trot 5 Mile/5K – Traverse City
- Boyne City Turkey Trot 5K – Boyne City
- Toy Trot 5K – Cadillac
- Vasa Trail Run – 5K/10K/25K – Traverse City
- Farmland 5K – Traverse City