In 2016 the Traverse City Track Club began offering its Traverse City based training programs and since then has helped over 100 runners reach their goals. TCTC prides itself in helping both newcomers and experienced runners with its unique mentor-led, customized schedules. By emphasizing a focus on being encouraging and supportive, we are able to help participants make running an enriching part of a healthy lifestyle.
Have a goal to become a runner?
Have a goal to complete your first 5K?
Signed up for a half marathon in the season ahead?
Traverse City Track Club’s Training Programs are designed for you!
Late Summer Training Session
In 2018, the Late Summer Training Schedule begins July 23rd and trains you through October 13th. It includes organized Saturday group runs beginning July 28th. (Many runners in this session will be training for a fall event such as Chicago, Detroit, Grand Rapids or Sleeping Bear)
Late Summer Training focuses on helping runners with goals of completing 5k distances to full marathon, as well as to help beginning runners just learning to run.
Training Sessions include:
- Individualized Training Schedules based on your specific pace, goal race and daily workout availability
- Group Runs organized each Saturday morning (8:00am, 7:45 check-in), held on a variety of courses in the Traverse City area beginning Saturday July 28th
- Weekly Email and Blog communications with targeted training tips, schedules and more.
- Expertise from RRCA-certified coach and TCTC member Amy Dykhouse as well as mentors with many years of running experience
- Mentor Led Group Runs with running volunteers who support and encourage you with your personalized running goals (mentors will be matched as closely as possible to your fitness level, but will ultimately depend on mentor availability)
- Swag including TCTC branded training gear
- FUN and motivating training experience with shared camaraderie and team spirit
How we define runner categories:
We define a Beginner as an otherwise active person who could run/jog for two minutes, with 3 minute walk breaks over a 30 minute period. Depending on current fitness level, some beginners will start with run/walk intervals.
Novice to Experienced runners have a solid base of running 15-25 miles per week for the past 2-3 months and have the goal of completing a marathon or half marathon.
Regardless of current running mileage, all other distance goals are encouraged to join. We start as slowly as needed and with as short a running interval as necessary to meet you at your current fitness.
Note: For those who have not been active recently, we recommend you check with your health care provider before beginning a running program.
On the fence if this program is for you? Attend one of our summer Fun Runs with the Traverse City Track Club to experience our running community first hand. Contact Amy Dykhouse (989)444-9031 or email@example.com for questions or more information.
The cost of the 12-week Traverse City Track Club Training Program is $75.
Follow our training group, get some pointers, and learn about our wonderful running community!