Katie Treston Aurand
Age & Hometown: 29, Hometown: Brighton, Michigan
Current resident: Traverse City
Employment: Trauma Physician Assistant, Munson Medical Center
Family: Jan (Mom), Paul (Dad), Kristi (Sister), Nick (Boyfriend), Nike Joe Louis (Golden Retriever)
Years running: 7
Why do you run? (enter cliché answer about it clearing my mind, soul, and being beautiful unicorns all the time). Real answer: I love doughnuts, pizza, sweating, and crossing the finish line at Boston.
- 4x Boston Marathon Qualifier
- My Golden Retriever, Nike Joe Louis, took first canine at the Jingle Bell 5K and the Resolution 5K
- 1st female Vineyard to Bay 25K
- 1st female Ice Cube Half Marathon
- (Non-running) AuSable River Canoe Marathon Finisher x 2
Favorite running shoes: Newton Fate
- Marathon: Boston and Philadelphia
- Half Marathon: Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Roll Tide.
- 10-miler: Broad Street, Philadelphia
- 5K: Definitely not my favorite. Cheers to all you short distance runners.
- Triathlon: M22 Challenge
Favorite race distance: Marathon
Running hero: Kara Goucher, Lauren Fleshman
Favorite pre-race meal: Bagel, almond butter, coffee.
Goals for 2018:
Favorite running quote: 1. Badass is beautiful. 2. “There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living”- Nelson Mandela
Best running advice given to me: Run Faster- Kristi, my sister.
What is one thing your teammates would say about you? My teammate for the AuSable River Canoe Marathon, my sister, says that I am a much better runner than a paddler.
How do you feel about representing the TCTC by being a TCTC Race Team Member? I am beyond excited to have met an awesome group of people who share the same passion of running and racing.