Age & Hometown: 33 years old from Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Current resident: Traverse City, MI
Years running: 19
Why do you run? The journey…and beer at the end.
• 1st place overall Peace Ranch 5k 9/29/18
• 2nd place overall Harvest Stompede 9/8/18
• 1st place overall Big Gay 5k 6/7/18
• Bayshore Marathon PR 3:13:20 5/26/18
• Cherry Fest Half Marathon: 1:27:03 PR 7/8/17
• Ran a 5 Mile course spelling out “Marry Me Jes” to propose to my fiancé…she said yes.
• 1st place in TC Trail Festival 10k Relay 4/21/17
• 3rd Place overall in TC Trail Festival 25k 4/22/17
• Devil’s Dive Half Marathon 2016: 2nd place overall
• The Great Beerd Run: 1st overall (2015 & 2016)
• Traverse City Half Ironman Triathlon: 3rd in age group, 2016
• Betsy Bay Frozen Foot 5k (2/21/15): 1st overall
• Resolution Run 5k (1/1/15): 3rd overall, 1st in age group
• Ludington Olympic Triathlon (8/24/14): PR 2:36:18
• Gail Easter Memorial 5k (4/5/14): 2nd overall
• Los Angeles Marathon
• Cleveland Marathon
• Traverse City Triathlon
Favorite race distance: Marathon
Favorite pre-race meal: Coffee, peanut butter on bread, and a banana.
Goals for 2019:
• PR and/or qualify for Boston in 2019 Los Angeles Marathon
• Participate in multiple triathlons and multiple full-marathons
• Inspire at least four people to start running
Favorite running quote: Running…For the most part, it’s cheaper than therapy!
Best running advice given to me: Hydration starts the week leading into the race. Not the morning of a race!
Dumbest running moment: After a packet pick up for a race, my wife and I didn't keep track of which bib was whose. We ended up running the race with the other person's bib. oops! Doh! Love you!
What other interests do you have outside of running? I love triathlons! It's a nice departure from winter/spring marathon training and helps give my legs a little rest while I work on other muscle groups. I'm also the drummer in local pop-punk band the Droogs. Listen to us here: https://thedroogs.bandcamp.com/album/comforts
During the fall/winter months, I play ice hockey at Centre Ice for a C League men's team. Finally, I love being creative. I'm lucky to have the opportunity to write a column about running for the Record Eagle, I help promote the Traverse City Track Club via social media campaigns and shoot/edit video for the Bayshore Marathon course video.
How do you feel about representing the TCTC by being a TCTC Race Team Member? Blessed. TCTC club has been given me an amazing group of friends since I moved here in 2013. I’m exhilarated to represent a club and promote a sport that I’m so passionate about. My mission when representing the Traverse City Track Club is to make the running club not seem like an elite running club but more just a family of crazy people who love each other and love running. Fast, slow or in the middle...you are my family with the Traverse City Track Club.